Upon acceptance onto a course the participant fees must be paid into the YBA bank account. Payment may be split into three instalments by prior arrangement date; see acceptance form for course fees.
No refunds can be given once the course has been booked. Please refer to the closing date for acceptance.
If for any reason you are unable to take-up the course place offered please inform YBA immediately so as the place can be offered to a reserve student. It is anticipated that a small number of course scholarships or part scholarships may be available for any one Course. Late payments will result in loss of place on the course.
- All tickets for performances must be booked through the relevant theatre box-office, see if concessions apply and the theatre policy for returning tickets for resale.
- If for any reason at audition, not enough applicants at a suitable standard are found, YBA will not permit the course to go ahead; audition fees cannot be refunded.
- YBA can accept no responsibility for lost or stolen personal property. Nor for injury, it is advised that the participant take out personal health cover.
- Participants must care for their own belongings; there will be no lost property facility.
- Missed classes and rehearsals will seriously compromise completion of the course and upsets others. Missed attendance could lead to incompletion of the course and being unable to perform.
- YBA teachers, chaperones, assistants and administrators are unable to administer medication of any kind. Therefore in strict confidence the chaperone in charge must be informed of any conditions that a participant has and how this can be handled. If emergency medication may be required, please speak to the administrator in confidence to authorise emergency care.
- All participants must leave rehearsal space at the designated time and must be collected by the designated adult/guardian. If a parent/Guardian is late for any reason the administrator in charge must be informed via telephone.
- YBA have a website, Facebook page and Twitter account; as with all social media these must be treated with respect.
- YBA reserve the right to change the venue and faculty if necessary.
- Photos and videos will be taken by Youth Ballet Academy staff for publicity or in house purposes. These photos/videos may also appear on our website. If you wish your child not to be photographed or videoed, or appear on any of these in our publicity/ website, you must inform us in writing before the beginning of the course.
- A hands on approach is an element of teaching ballet. Costume fittings and help with changing back stage will require physical contact with students. This will be done in a professional manner and faculty and volunteers will be DRB checked and fully aware of our child protection policy.
- Force Majeure, In the event of any cause beyond the control of Youth Ballet Academy that prevents the course or performances from going ahead, course fees or theatre tickets cannot be refunded.