Youth Ballet Academy enforces the following code of conduct to ensure a successful, safe and enjoyable learning experience for all.
Code of conduct
- All course participants should be polite and respectful and supportive of the course teachers, assistants, administrators and each other.
- Bullying of fellow participants is unacceptable and YBA hold a zero tolerance policy.
- Course participants are expected to be punctual for all classes, rehearsals and performances, by turning-up in plenty of time dressed and ready to work; to do your own warm-up is recommended.
- Talking in classes and rehearsals should be kept to a minimum.
- Mobile phones and computers should be switched off during rehearsals, classes and performance.
- Participants must wear YBA uniform practice clothes for rehearsals and classes. Hair tied back in a bun for girls, and no jewellery worn. Females must wear YBA leotard, pink ballet tights and shoes with elastics/pointe shoes (if required) to all sessions. Males should wear navy ballet tights and a white leotard, white shoes and socks, and have their own dance belt. Females must provide new pink ballet tights and clean shoes for performance, and have their own flesh coloured body stocking with elastic straps and provide their own stage make up. Males should have new white socks and clean shoes for performance, and provide their own stage make up.
- Participants must wear designated costumes for performances and must treat YBA’s property with respect. Any damage must be reported, costumes should be placed on hangers after use in the dressing rooms.
- Participants must wear their hair as YBA requires.
- Participants must treat rehearsal spaces, dressing rooms and toilets with respect, food and drink is not allowed in classes, rehearsals or on stage. Water bottles only are permitted in class and rehearsals; participants to eat lunch and snacks in the designated place. All rubbish must be placed in the bins and bin bags provided.
- Running in corridors at rehearsals and in the theatre is strictly forbidden.
- Nuts are not permitted at classes, rehearsals or in the theatre.
- YBA have a website, Facebook page and Twitter account; as with all social media these must be treated with respect.
- If a participant has an injury or is feeling unwell, he/she must inform the teacher and administrator in charge.
- Participants may be required to watch others in rehearsal and must sit quietly and respectfully while they wait their turn to rehearse. This is part of the learning experience.